Followers

Monday 1 May 2017

It's Art Daaarling!

Good morning (again) and welcome to my second post for today. This time I'm playing with colour for Rubber Dance.




and here is our mood board. I'm imagining a tropical beach - not the temperatures we're having here at the moment! 


I started with a Kraft backed note book and applied some modeling paste through a few stencils. I'm using PaperArtsy and Tim Holtz paints for my colour.
Don't these look yummy together!



Stamping time now! I've used Pick A Number, Round In Circles and 3rd Row Textured Houses for the background.
Then I added some Portfollio pastels to bring out the textures.

I've used the same colours to paint the tags, then stamped with Textured Houses and Textured Flowers. I've stamped them directly onto the tags, and also onto book pages. 
The tags have been stuck down, then I (very carefully) stamped Art from Art Defined. Note to self, stamp before stick next time!
This looks really nice in the sunshine (do you remember sunshine) 
I've used the book already to write down the stamps that I've used in stamping the book! It's a circle of life thing lol.
So please play along with us and colour yourselves happy. As always if you need new rubber quote SDFreeShip and the P&P will be free anywhere in the world
Have a great day, and thanks very much for looking xx

I'm also entering this into the following challenges
That's Crafty - anything bright
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes
Work it Wednesday - April showers bring May flowers
Love To Create - anything mixed media   and
Simon Says Stamp Monday got your number - lot of them in the corners.

17 comments:

  1. This is .. WOW!! Love how you've used our colours and the textured background looks awesome!! A tropical beach would be nice right now, it's really cold to be May. Thank you for making this beautiful inspiration piece for our colour challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your Texture Sue, the colours from the challenge do blend together marvellously. Love your Trip of tags they have created an eye catching feature to your cover. Thank you so much for sharing.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing textured background and wonderful tags to finiah off this stunning book cover

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving this, such scrummy colours and texture. Happy crafty week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sue! You really made these images shine in this color palette. Amazing work. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and how warm it makes me feel on this cold Montana Morning.

    Diana
    playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colours look delicious together Sue. I adore the texture and blend and added tags. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh this is delicious, lovely and bright which is also perfect for us over at TC too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my sue - this is absolutely fabulous - I adore the colours and textures and those tags are so very pretty! Love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It certainly is art - it affected my mood as soon as I saw it - fabulous fiery colours to warm the spirit, and all that fabulous texture too. Just love the tags with the book page images.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Background is amazing. I love it. I am so glad you joined in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Thank You so much. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Your tutorial came just as the right moment - I needed some inspiration for my art journal and I love this. The colors are fabulous together. You are so much fun to follow!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you're very welcome Sandy and very kind xx

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous page!! I love the colours and the tags are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow love those colours. Beautiful project. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.