Followers

Monday 1 May 2017

Flower Power

Good morning and happy May. No more April showers, just lots of May flowers, and here are some from me. (Did you see what I did there, smoooooth or what!) Yep it's time for a new Country View Crafts challenge and we're celebrating the power of the flower!




I started with a piece of Ranger kraft card and cut it to7.5 x 7.5, then brayered over with gesso. I'd forgotten how much I like kraft and gesso.

Time for some stencilling now. The paints and stencils are all by PaperArtsy. The butterfly stamp is on the Jofy15 plate.
I love how bright and vibrant these fresco's are.
A bit of layering and stitching and just ready for a sentiment. I've turned to my go to Tim Holtz Handwritten Celebrate die set, and Stick It. This is such an intricate die and the Stick it makes it MUCH easier.
Nearly done, but there's still something missing....


Paint chips! I love these blobs of colour from the paint bottles - just the finishing touch I was looking for. 
This was such fun to make, I need to get out the kraft and gesso more often.
So it's time for you to get with the Flower Power and join in with our challenge.
Have a very happy May, and thanks very much for looking x

I'm also entering this into the following challenges;
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - anything goes
Work It Wednesday - April showers bring May flowers
Love To Create - anything goes mixed media  and
That's Crafty - Bright - yes it is!

16 comments:

  1. I love it to bits! Your vibrant flowers look amazing with this kraft paper-gesso background! By the way, I love kraft paper too! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and it all looks so easy but I bet it wasn't. Love the bright colours for the flowers

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, bright and cheery card. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable images. Someone's been busy, two posts in one day! Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Sue. I love how you've used the bits from paint tops too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used the blobs of paint Sue and fabulous colours set agains the kraft. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, I love the white paint on kraft with the stunning flowers & butterfly. This is fantastic! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so much fun Sue! great touch with the paint blobs. Bet that Neil suggested that! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Hazel, 'cos as you know Neil's really get my crafting! (trying really hard to keep a straight face here) xx

      Delete
  9. Oooh, I may have to pinch this idea of gesso and kraft card, have a couple of cards to make for May xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you Sam, they always look nice together and it's such a quick background x

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous card, Sue! Love your whitened background and the stamp is colored beautiful!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am all for upcycling but dried paint of the bottles? You've got more imagination than me! Brilliant idea and brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant - this is supercool sue - i love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello! this is gorgoeus, luv the details and texture! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.