Followers

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Follow That Muse...

Good morning and welcome to March. This year is going so quickly (just like last year, and the year before) I know, you can keep your old age jokes to yourselves lol. A new month brings a new colour challenge at Rubber Dance, and this is what I've made.




And these are the mood board colours. Don't they make you long for Spring!



These are the colours that I've used, they are all by DecoArt.


First is the Primary Yellow with Primary Magenta over the top through an Andy Skinner stencil.
Then came the turquoise with a peeled paint technique.
Time to add some stamping. The vision quote is from the Artfully Stamped plate. Even with all the fabulous images out there I'm always drawn to text stamps. I rubbed back lots of the paint, and added a layer of DecoArt crackle paste on top, then sealed with matte medium to take the shine away.
This is with most of the white paint removed and the crackle showing through.

I stamped the larger face from Face Up and coloured with some water colour pencils.
Then stamped, coloured, and cut out hundreds and hundreds (well a fair few) Textured Flowers and surrounded my lovely lady with them.
I also added my sentiment which is also from Artfully Stamped.   I stamped it straight onto my heart -  without a safety net - I know, I scare myself sometimes too.


And there we are, all done. This was great fun, working with beautiful colours. Now it's your turn to join in. Remember the challenge runs until the 15th, when there's a fab new one, so you better check back here then too - just sayin' ;-)
The wonderful Bibi has given me a code for everyone. If you put in SDFreeShip the P&P is free :-)
Have a fun week, and thanks very much for looking xx

9 comments:

  1. Your heart is FAB! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely wonderful Sue, fantastic step by step *How to do Tutorial* Bright and Beautiful.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous piece Sue, the colours are stunning and those little flowers frame it beautifully.Happy March! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an explosion of colour and beauty to welcome Spring Sue. I have gone all poetic. Love this heart

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow of colour , definitely brightens up the day. Love all the layers you added Sue and the text is fabulous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is amazing Sue! Love all of those fabulous textured layers, the primary colours scared me to death but they are gorgeous with all of those lovely layers and textures on top. Beautiful Spring flowers to finish as well, thanks so much for sharing! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this Sue, the details and texture AND the stamp is awesome. Now following you.x[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cheerful altered heart xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.